close
close

Steve Buscemi attacked during a random attack

GettyImages-1848535912 Steve Buscemi at Night of Too Many Stars benefits

Steve Buscemi Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for “The Night of Too Many Stars.”

A representative for Steve Buscemi confirmed that the actor was randomly attacked while walking in New York City on Wednesday, May 8.

The Boardwalk Empire The 66-year-old actor was walking in midtown Manhattan when, according to a publicist he spoke with, he “became another victim of a random act of violence in the city.” People on Sunday, May 12th.

The publicist added that Buscemi is now “doing well” and “appreciates everyone’s well wishes,” while also being “incredibly sad for everyone who this happened to while walking the streets of New York at the same time.” .”

The outlet reported on Buscemi, who was recently announced as a cast member in Netflix’s second season WednesdayHe was hit in the face.

Steve Buscemi opens up about the death of his wife Jo Andres in a rare interview

Related: Steve Buscemi opens up about the death of his wife Jo Andres in a rare interview

To take time. Steve Buscemi recalled the heartbreaking impact of his wife Jo Andres’ cancer battle more than a year after her death at age 65. “The pain was the worst,” the 62-year-old “Boardwalk Empire” star said in a rare interview with GQ magazine published on Tuesday, May 26. “People who (…) go”

A police spokesman said this New York Post that the actor was walking through the Kips Bay neighborhood at 11:58 a.m. when he was hit.

Buscemi “suffered from swelling to his face and left eye” and was taken to Bellevue Hospital in Kips Bay for treatment.

The attacker reportedly “fled” the scene after the incident.

A witness who witnessed part of the incident told the New York Post She saw Buscemi “with a woman, and then I saw him stumble through the corner of the window and fall backwards.”

The witness went on to say that Buscemi “immediately got up and ran in the opposite direction.”

Police told the outlet that the bearded attacker was last seen wearing a baseball cap, a blue T-shirt and black sweatpants.

One disturbing incident follows another Boardwalk Empire The actor was caught up in a random violent attack on the streets of New York City less than two months ago.

Steve Buscemi remembers actually becoming angry as an adult when he was left in a full body cast

Related: Why Steve Buscemi wasn’t thrilled on the set of ‘Grown Ups’

Steve Buscemi didn’t enjoy every moment of filming Grown Ups. In the 2010 film, Buscemi’s character Wiley suffers an injury at the water park that leaves him in a full-body cast with his arms outstretched at the end of the film. “The whole cast (of actors) was there because (…)

Michael Stuhlbargwho portrayed gangster Arnold Rothstein in the hit HBO series, suffered a graze wound after being attacked by a homeless man near Central Park on March 31.

According to police reports released April 1, the 55-year-old actor was walking near East 90th and East Drive around 7:45 p.m. when he was hit in the neck with a rock by Xavier Israel, 27.

Buscemi, a New York City firefighter who returned to active duty to search for survivors after September 11, 2001, was critically acclaimed for his work on this film Boardwalk Empire as corrupt politician Enoch “Nucky” Thompson. He received a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Television Series – Drama in 2011 and Emmy nominations for Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2011 and 2012. The series ran for five seasons and ended in October 2014.

Since then, Buscemi won an Emmy in 2016 for his work as host, director and producer of the web series Park bench with Steve Buscemi and then played the lead role in the comedy Miracle worker.